(imperfect). Several leaves missing from the beginning; the text starts
from GB. There are lacunae in: GB 9–23, BB 38, 39–42, part of 43, part of EdsB. 1,
2–12 and 13, part of DrVd. 12 and following until Svl. 12. Several additions from
other laws are made; ed.
Foliation in ink by a hand roughly coeval to the main hand.
The binding of the manuscript is extremely tight and renders it
impossible to collate accurately. However, the binding seems to include at least
quires of eight bifolia (16 leaves).
Catchwords appear regularly in the lower margin of each
Several leaves missing from the beginning; at least two missing after
fol. 2. One leaf missing after fols. 23, 34; two leaves missing after fol. 46. A
stub visible between fols. 10 and 11, no loss of text. The scribe has
(accidentally?) jumped over fols.
a simple initial in red. In several
places the space reserved for the initial has been left blank. First line of the
article texts written in a larger script. Article numbers written in the outer
margin, chapter headings added in the upper margin by the same hand that made
Dark brown calf over wooden boards. Stamped decoration of blind-tooled frames with
leaves to the interior (much of the type found in the bindings of
). In the centre an oval
shape decorated with geometrical patterns. Remnants of clasps are visible on the
fore-edges of the boards. Paper pastedowns. On the spine the shelf-mark of the
Uppsala University Library is visible. The boards overhang the text-block. Four
sewing stations visible.
The manuscript contains King
with other regulations and royal documents, probably written during the
second half of saec.
. Most of the writing was done by a single scribe writing a steady cursive
script. The manuscript contains a few documents related to
’s rulings in fifteenth-century
. These documents might
suggest the manuscript is connected to
. The texts of the
contain affinities with
Uppsala University Library, B 38
, which belonged to
(1583–1632) at the
beginning of saec. XVII
A note found on the inner front cover (‘Johan Hinric Lidén Norrköping
1760’) suggests that
the manuscript had come into the hands of
Johan Hinric Lidén
(d. 1793, who studied in
, although at a later date (1761–1763). Large parts of his collections came to
the University Library in Uppsala by donation in
Uppsala University Library
’s shelf-mark ‘B 1’ visible on the spine and inner front
cover. The stamp of the library on fol.